What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file which is automatically placed on your computer or mobile device as you browse our website. They are used to “remember” when your computer or device accesses our website. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online. Cookies do not harm your computer or allow us to access your computer and they do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit/debit cards. If you would like to find out more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org (we take not responsibility for the information provided on this external website).
There are four main type of cookies – please see below how and why we use them:
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on totalgym.co.uk, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Total Gym UK user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.”
How to manage cookies
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse a cookie or ask your browser to show you where a cookie has been set up.
You can find out how to disable and enable cookies by visiting the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link www.aboutcookies.org.
We may use Adobe Flash Player to display video or image content. It may not be possible to block or restrict flash cookies using your browser settings. However information on how to control flash player privacy and security settings is available from the Adobe website at:www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Third Party Cookies
Total Gym UK advertises on other websites and third-party providers may use software than can set a cookie to your browser.
These cookies allow us to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and personalise some adverts. We do not control the setting of and accept no liability in connection with these cookies so please look at the cookies policies on the respective websites for more information about what they do with cookies and how you manage them.
Examples of some of the third party cookies we use:
- Facebook Pixel
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.